10 Day Detoxification Program
The practice of detoxifying the body to rid it of unhealthy toxins has been around for centuries. Hippocrates recommended fasting to improve health, and many religious groups have historically used fasting as a way of purifying the spirit. Our 10 day detoxification program is an excellent way to purge your body of all the accumulated toxins from many different sources.
Toxicity is one of the major contributions to our ill-health. Signs that you may be toxic include poor energy, joint pain, mental fog and weight gain. Our livers, kidneys, skin, and bowels as well as other organ systems work to remove contaminants. However, if we are dumping toxins in or exposing ourselves faster than we can eliminate them, then our bodies will begin to store them. This makes us extremely acidic and prone to inflammatory diseases (cancer, heart disease, diabetes, etc.).
1. Boosts your energy. By flushing the toxins out from your body, detoxification leaves you feeling more energetic and lively. While you detox, you also stop the influx of sugar, caffeine, trans fat and saturated fat and replace them with natural foods, such as fruits and vegetables. You get a natural energy boost, one that comes without a resultant crash.
2. Rids the body of any excess waste. The main purpose of detoxing is to allow your body to get rid of any excess waste it's been storing. Detox programs are aimed at stimulating the body to purge itself, including the liver, kidneys and colons. Most modern diseases are caused by the storing of waste in the body, which is why detoxifying is very important.
For example, cleansing the colon is an important part of the detoxing process because toxins need to exit the body, and a backed up colon can cause them to be reintroduced into the body, rather than exiting as planned. Even after the detox program, it is recommended to continue a diet rich in soluble fibers to keep your body healthy.
3. Helps with weight loss. A criticism of detox diets is that they only help you in the short term. It helps, instead, if you look at detox programs as a way to establish long-term eating habits, and rid yourself of unhealthy habits. It all depends on what you focus on. Toxins are stored in fat cells and if you are too toxic it will be difficult to lose the fat because the toxins need a home. Did you ever think that is why it may be hard for you to get rid of the extra body fat?
4. Stronger immune system. Detoxifying your body also strengthens your immune system. Your organs are clean, and free to function as they should. Your body is able to absorb nutrients better, including Vitamin C.
5. Improved skin. Your skin is your largest organ. Since detox programs improve your overall health, it makes sense that your skin benefits the most.
Where do toxins come from?
Food – Your food has more toxins than you may think. The biggest culprit for toxic exposure is processed foods, which are full of chemicals and additives that can create symptoms ranging from cravings and weight gain to poor digestive health and food allergies.
But it’s not just packaged food to avoid. Conventional produce is also full of pesticides. In fact, over one billion pounds of pesticides are used on food in the US alone. These pesticides have been linked to symptoms ranging from muscle cramps and heart rate changes to irritability to emotional instability.
Environment – Whether inside your home or outside your home, the environment is also a major source of toxins. Pollution from manufacturing, cars and second hand cigarette smoke can be challenging to avoid. However, you can avoid a lot of the toxins inside and around your home.
Stress and negative thinking – The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that up to 90% of all illness and disease is due to stress. Stress can kill the good bacteria and yeast that live in your intestines and keep your immunity and digestive health strong.
As the good bacteria and yeast die off, the bad bacteria and yeast are able to take over. Body Ecology teaches that this creates an imbalanced inner ecosystem, which can set the stage for illness and dis-ease.
Toxins get stored in various places and tissues in the body. One place that the body likes to store accumulated toxins is in fat cells. Did you ever think that is why it may be hard for you to get rid of the extra body fat? Another place toxins get stored is in our joints. Maybe that is why you are stiff and sore in your joints, especially first thing in the morning.
10 day Colon and Liver Detoxification Program
In-Line Wellness offers a 10 day colon and liver detoxification program. The program consists of an eliminating the 5 major allergens (gluten, dairy, artificial sweeteners, alcohol and caffeine) along with adding healthy supplements that aid in the detoxification process. You will eat 5 smaller meals per day. You will have a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner along with 2 meal replacement shakes which aids in the detoxification process (Ultraclear Plus). These will be consumed between breakfast and lunch and lunch and dinner.
Ultra Flora Probiotics Liver Cleanse
METAGENICS UltraClear Plus Colon cleanse
UltraFlora Probiotic is one of the most recommended, practitioner-exclusive probiotic formulas in use worldwide. Features a powerful probiotic blend of B. lactis Bi-07 and L. acidophilus NCFM® with a non-dairy base in capsule form.
AdvaClear Provides daily support for balanced activity of the Phase I and Phase II detoxification pathways.
- Provides antioxidant protection against reactive oxygen intermediates produced during the detoxification process.
- Promotes overall well-being by supporting balanced hepatic detoxification.
Colonix (high fiber colon cleansing)
UltraClear is formulated to provide specialized nutritional support for metabolic detoxification . It features a rice protein base, and is enhanced with specific nutrients and high in antioxidant vitamins C, E, and beta-carotene to provide well-rounded nutritional support for liver detoxification.
Call 215-657-9355 to get Started!
To get started, just call our office and schedule a 30 minutes appointment. The doctor provides you with a nutritional consultation and shopping list to help you develop healthy recipes that meet the guidelines of the program. The doctor will then will perform some measurements including body composition, weight, BMI, blood pressure and waist/hip ratios. You will also receive a manual for the program.
Upon completion of the program, you will then have a follow up visit to receive your results.
What’s included in the program?
- Initial nutritional consultation and follow up visit
- Shopping Guide
- All supplements listed above for the program.
- The Detoxification manual
The cost of the program is $199